Home    Vienna's St. Stephen's Church   9/9/2008  
Previous Home Next

St Stephen's Cathedral has an old organ tradition. The first organ is mentioned in 1334. After the fire of 1945, Michael Kauffmann finished in 1960 a large electric organ with 125 voices, 4 manuals and over 9000 pipes, financed with public donations. In 1991, the Choir organ was build by the Austrian firm Rieger. It is a mechanical organ, with 56 voices and 4 manuals